12.10.2010

oscar, in pictures






thank you to all you friends, family, and strangers of oscar for your kind kind words. it makes me so happy for oscar to read all of them. yesterday i dug a grave for my little pig. i kept putting it off this week. the ground was too frozen. we needed the tractor. i made excuses because i wanted to postpone the finality of a burial. i wanted to still be able to look at him. of course it is unrealistic to keep him unburied. so yesterday i made myself do it. on my own. frozen ground be damned. i dug for a couple hours in the cold afternoon sun with 2 turkeys and a cat standing idly by. and it felt good and beautiful... in a macabre sense. like it was one last thing i could do for him. nick came down and helped me bury him. we collected big rocks to mark his grave and i put a bouquet of dried flowers on top of those. i'm still so inconsolably sad about oscar. i try not to show it, i don't want to alarm nick or rudy or the cats. but i am. i'm glad to have him buried. it was a needed cathartic closure for me. but i miss him. he was a good pig. 

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog thru Melissa's blog and have followed you from tumblr to your own blogspot...I enjoy your posts. I am so sorry for your loss. It actually made me cry. I don't know you or Oscar, but I know that feeling of loss and heartache. I thank you for being a good person and a good mom to a little pig who would have never made it without you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...